Profile of Richard Daugherty
JD, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2001
MSW, Org. Development & Mental Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1997
- Employment & Labor Law Moot Appellate Team, 2001
- Managing Editor of Banking & Finance Law Journal, 2001
MBA, Industrial Relations, Virginia Commonwealth University, 1980
BSBA, Economics, University of Richmond, 1977, Cum Laude
Richard Daugherty, Attorney at Law & Certified Mediator 2003-Present
Primarily engaged in the practice of employment law and family law. Mediation in selected areas.
- U.S. Department of Justice, Civil Rights Division, Special Litigation Section, Washington, D.C.
- U.S. Department of Justice, Civil Rights Division, Disability Rights Section, Washington, D.C.
- Judge Judith Bartnoff, Superior Court of Washington, D.C.
- Glenn, Mills & Fisher, Durham, N.C.
Human Resources/Labor Management: 1980-2003
Management positions in industrial and labor relations, legal compliance, compensation/benefits, safety/health and
organizational development. Prior employers included Mobil, Monsanto, Mitsubishi, Exide and Duke Medical Center.
Management consulting with Comp Design.
ACCREDITATIONS & ASSOCIATIONS
- Licensed North Carolina Attorney
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- Admitted to Practice Before the United States Federal District Court
- Program Chairman, Kiwanis of Chapel Hill, 1986 to 1994
- Board Member, University United Methodist Preschool, 1990 to 1994
- Chairman, Town of Chapel Hill Personnel Appeals Committee (arbitration panel), 1994 to 2000
- Teacher, Severe & Persistent Mental Illness Class, University United Methodist, 2002 to 2005
- Coach, Phillips Middle School Girls Lacrosse Team, 2003 to 2005
- Mediator, Orange County Dispute Settlement Center, 2004 to 2006
- Mediator, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, 2004 to 2006
- Board Member, Center For Cooperative Parenting, 2009 to 2015
|Office Located in Chapel Hill